Are you having hair loss problem? If so, you need to try these 17 home remedies of hair growth.
These days, shiny hair is a goal almost everyone seeks to achieve.
Besides using special shampoos and masks, some food can also help your hair grow faster and look healthier.
So, what is hair? What is hair made of?
Hair is made of a structural protein called Keratin.
So basically your hair is made of protein.
But, your hair requires more than just protein to help it grows healthy and strong.
What are the Vitamins and Nutrients Needed for Your Hair?
Biotin is a Vitamin B that helps promote hair growth.
So, biotin helps your hair grow and on top of that, it also helps defend your hair against damage.
Iron helps deliver oxygen and nutrients to your hair follicles.
This helps promote healthy hair growth and repair damaged hair.
3. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is very important because it helps prevents shedding.
The antioxidants in vitamin C helps to make hair stronger and prevent your hair from breaking.
Niacin is very important to help your hair follicles produce effectively.
Lack of Zinc can damage your hair follicles or lead to a lot of shedding.
You may experience hair loss if don’t have enough Zinc and Iron in your diet.
Now let’s talk about home remedies of hair growth that have all these wonderful nutrients and can help boost your hair growth.
17 Best Home Remedies of Hair Growth
Spinach is a superfood for your hair because it contains a lot of iron.
Plus, it is also rich in vitamins and zinc.
Since it is rich in antioxidants, it protects your hair from
damage and nourishes the scalp.
Spinach is one of the healthiest foods and excellent for your body in
This leafy green vegetable has high nutrient values and is extremely rich in antioxidants.
Spinach contains a high amount of vitamin K, A, C, B2, B6, E, Manganese, Zinc, Iron and Omega-3.
Spinach also prevents bone problems, inflammatory problems and can also prevent cancer.
Apart from its many health benefits, spinach promotes your
Spinach is rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C which stimulate hair growth.
These 2 vitamins produce oil in the scalp and that is why spinach happens to be so effective for hair growth.
1.1 Spinach Hair Mask
- Take one cup of spinach leaves, mix it with one tablespoon of honey and oil
- Blend this mixture in a blender (make sure the paste is neither too thick nor too runny)
- Apply it on scalp and hair
- Keep this mixture for half an hour to 1 hour
- Wash it off with regular shampoo
1.2 Spinach + Olive Oil
- Grind half cup spinach whether boiled or raw and separate the pulp
- Mix the spinach juice with olive oil (olive oil is good for hair growth)
- Apply this mixture on hair for about 1 hour
- Rinse it off with regular shampoo and conditioner
This mixture will stimulate hair growth and this pack will also nourish your hair deeply
Apply this mixture every week to see fast result in your hair growth
Carrot is awesome for your hair because it has a lot of Biotin in it.
Biotin helps grow your hair and on top of that, it strengthens and prevents hair from falling out.
2.1 Carrot Hair Mask
- Grind or grate the carrot
- Apply it on your scalp
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, clean your hair with shampoo
- Wash your hair with water
- Let your hair dry naturally
How many times you should do this? You can do this once or twice a week, depends on your availability.
3. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a naturally rich source of vitamins A, B6, C, D and E.
It also contains minerals like zinc, iron, copper, potassium, magnesium, and Niacin.
Vitamin A boosts cell growth which also involves in the production of hair.
It also aids in the natural production of Sebum.
Sebum is the natural oils that your body provides to help nourish and keep your hair healthy and strong.
3.1 Sweet Potatoes Hair Mask
- Wash the potato thoroughly
- Peel the potato’s skin
- Cut the potato into small pieces
- Place them in a blender to mix well (add more water if it becomes too thick)
- Strain the mixture into a clean bowl using a cloth (separate leftovers from the juice)
- Apply the mixture to your hair particularly on the scalp
- Cover it with a shower cap
- Let it stay for 20 to 25 minutes
- Wash with regular shampoo and clean with water
4. Bok Choy
If you wish to regrow your hair soon, including bok choy in your diet may be the answer.
Bok choy is good food for hair growth since it contains iron.
They will not only assist in hair growth, but they will also prevent hair fall.
5. Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds contain Vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B4 that are responsible for hair growth.
B5 and B6 provide scalp hair.
If you suffer from hair loss, include more pumpkin oil in your diet.
According to a recent study, it even helps with severe forms of hair loss.
* It takes 2.5 Kg of pumpkin seeds to make this oil. That is approximately 5 pumpkins.
5.1 Pumpkin Seed Oil Recipe
- Cut the pumpkin into half
- Clean out all the pumpkin seeds by separating it from the pumpkin pulp.
- Wash clean all seeds with water (must be clean from any materials)
- Let all the seeds completely dry
- Roast the seeds at 60°C in the oven (do this for few minutes)
Caution: Be careful not to burn the seeds
- Expel dark oil from the seeds using a mortar and pestle (make sure apply firm pressure)
- Collect the oil and leave it to rest in an airtight bottled or canned for approximately four weeks.
Lentils contain proteins that promote hair growth and can improve the thickness and length of your hair.
The iron, zinc, and biotin in lentils contain preventive effect which preventing hair damage.
Lentils also contain folic acids.
You need this acid to keep the red blood cells in your skin and scalp healthy and to repair any damage.
The folic acid ensures that more oxygen supply to your scalp.
And the red blood cells help for your cell renewal.
If your hair is dear to you then you should not forget the lentils.
Lentils are also healthy and nutritious.
You can eat them in soup or you can add it to your salad. That way, you feed your hair from the inside.
So go take a look in your kitchen cabinet!
Here is the recipe for Lentils hair mask.
6.1 Lentil Hair Mask
- Soak 2 tbs of Lentils in 1/2 liter of water
- Wait until the lentils are swollen
- Put the lentils in a pan and cook them until they are very soft.
- Puree the lentils in a blender.
Caution: Make sure that your mixture does not become too dry. It must become a paste, so you can apply it well to your hair.
Tips: You can keep it for a few days, just like lentils you eat.
Did you know that cinnamon is good for hair loss? And that you can make your hair lighter with it?
Just a simple ingredient that you have stuck in your kitchen, with a super big effect.
Okay, you shouldn’t expect miracles after one treatment. But if you apply a cinnamon treatment to your problem area, you will see a change after a while.
Different treatments are possible:
1. Cinnamon + Honey
This mix is often used to stop hair loss and to treat bald spots.
- Make a thick paste of 1 tbs cinnamon and 1 tbs honey.
- Put this in a little warm olive oil (half a cup)
- Mix it into a paste.
- Apply the paste to your scalp
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the mix with warm water and wash and condition your hair as usual.
Tips: Repeat this every week until you have achieved the desired result.
2. Cinnamon + Coconut
Do you want to give your hair a moisturizing boost? And also stimulate your scalp at the same time? Then the cinnamon and coconut treatment is for you.
- Mix in a bowl 1 tbs cinnamon, 2 tbs honey, 1 tbs coconut oil, and 1.5 ts yogurt.
Important! Comb your hair well before you do the treatment.
- Apply the mix and massage well into your scalp.
- Apply some of the mixes to your hair.
- Let it dry for a few minutes
- Wash your hair.
Pay attention! Always test the mix before you start using it.
Do you prefer to enjoy your natural hair color for a little longer and do you want to postpone becoming ‘grayer’?
Then hit walnuts as quickly as possible 🙂
By eating walnuts, you can postpone the arrival of gray hair.
Walnuts are packed with vitamins B, E and Omega 3 fats.
These ingredients give your hair shine and body, but that’s not all: walnut also contains copper.
Copper plays a role in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives your hair color.
Hair that turns gray very early often has a shortage of copper.
With a handful of walnuts every day you can postpone expensive hairdressing visits 🙂
Walnuts are a rich source of selenium, potassium and Omega acids.
If your hair loss is due to the lack of Selenium, Walnuts can stop further balding.
The rest of the nutrients will strengthen the hair.
The natural oils of the walnut will also nourish your hair.
Almond is rich in nutrients such as vitamins A, B, D & E and in particular, gives your hair a huge boost.
Here are the benefits of Almond oil:
1. It promotes hair growth
By massaging the oil on your scalp, it can penetrate deep into the hair and scalp, stimulating the hair to grow from within.
2. It makes your hair thick and healthy
The use of almond oil ensures thick, shiny hair.
Because almond oil can penetrate deep into the hair and scalp, the hair is restored from within.
This gives the hair chances to become healthy and fat again.
In addition, almond oil forms a layer around your hair, making it smooth, soft and shiny.
3. Ensures less hair loss
Massaging almond oil in your hair gives it the chance to absorb all the nutrients it needs, reducing the chance of hair loss.
In addition, the risk of hair loss reduced because almond oil forms a layer around the hair, which strengthens the hair.
4. Removes Dandruff
By massaging almond oil on your scalp, the scalp is made flexible again.
This allows dirt, dead cells and dandruff to release easily.
So that they can easily be removed with a good purifying shampoo.
This opens the pores of the skin, giving the natural oils of the scalp the chance to care for the scalp and hair follicles.
You can use almond oil in different ways:
Use almond oil as a night mask.
- Massage the oil in your scalp for 20 minutes
- Put your hair in a warm towel (that’s how the mask pulls in the very best.)
Reminder! Don’t forget to wash your hair well the next morning!
Berries especially blueberries and strawberries are also good for hair growth.
They contain a high level of antioxidants.
The antioxidants help prevent your hair from breaking and
Which helps strengthen your hair and keep your hair on your head instead of in the brush.
Curly hair is beautiful but it is usually drier.
So, if you have curly hair, it is important to give your hair an extra boost every week. Especially if you have broken hair.
The advantage of avocado is that you can make masks for face and hair.
Due to the nourishing properties of avocado, it is very suitable to boost dry hair and dry scalp.
11.1 Benefits of Avocado:
- Stimulates hair growth (vitamins A, B1 and B2)
- Strong and healthy hair (vitamin D)
- Healing of a damaged scalp (vitamin E)
Since it a bit difficult to keep avocado at home, you’ll find it easier to have avocado oil at home.
Avocado oil is very suitable to use for hot oil treatment. You can again use a fresh avocado for making a hair mask.
11.2 Avocado Hair Mask
- A ripe avocado
- 3 to 4 teaspoons of honey
- 8 to 10 drops of almond oil
- Peel the green fruit and cut into pieces.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix.
- Apply it on your scalp
- Cover your hair with a shower cap
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- If you have a hair steamer, you can sit under a hair steamer for 20 minutes instead of a plastic bag.
A hair steamer has a different effect than the shower cap.
- Wash your hair with warm water.
Lemon juice is very effective to treat dandruff and to prevent hair loss.
You can make it even more efficient by combining it with ingredients such as coconut water or protein.
Hair loss is one of the most difficult problems to treat.
Although there are products designed to reduce hair loss. Professional help is always needed to fully address the problem.
Fortunately, there are few natural remedies that have properties to stimulate hair growth.
One of these remedies is Lemon.
How Lemon Can Help You Reduce Hair Loss?
Lemons are one of the best known citrus fruits and used all over the world.
The fruit is a significant source of vitamin C, folic acid, vitamin B and essential minerals that support almost all body functions.
Lemon help regulate the natural pH of your scalp and remove dead skin cells.
Applying lemon juice regularly help prevent hair problems such as dandruff and ensure that your hair does not break.
Moreover, your hair will shine and will be less fluffy.
Here are the home remedies of hair growth (Using Lemon)
12.1 Fresh Lemon Juice
Lemon juice can be used to prevent dandruff, hair loss and other scalp problems that make your hair look dull and lifeless.
However, it is wise to only use this medicine in the evening. Exposure to the sun with lemon juice in your hair can cause your hair to become lighter.
2 fresh lemons
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons
- Spread it on your scalp.
- Allow the juice to absorb for 30 minutes
- Rinse with water.
*Repeat this procedure twice a week.
12.2 Natural Shampoo with Lemon Juice and Egg
- Beat the egg with a fork
- Cut the lemon into half
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and add to the egg
- Apply it on your damp scalp
- Massage it into your hair.
- Let the product work for 30 to 40 minutes
- Rinse it out with plenty of water.
*Repeat this at least twice a week.
12.3 Treatment with lemon juice and coconut water
The minerals in coconut water are great to support the action of lemon juice to effectively prevent hair loss.
- ½ cup of coconut water (125 ml)
- ½ lemon
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon
- Mix lemon juice with the coconut water
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp
- Leave it to work for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the mixture from your hair by washing it with water.
*Repeat this once or twice a week.
12.4 Treatment with lemon juice and aloe vera
Aloe vera has powerful antifungal and moisturizing properties.
It can help reduce the presence of fungi that cause dandruff.
Using the treatment consistently can help nourish your hair follicles and promote healthy hair growth.
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- ½ lemon
- Mix lemon juice with the aloe vera gel to make a cream.
- Apply the cream evenly to your scalp and hair
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes
- Rinse it out.
*Apply this treatment 2 to 3 times a week.
Guava is rich in vitamin B and C which help in regrowing hair by forming collagen.
Studies show that guava helps in restoring healthy hair growth in women who experience hair thinning.
Hair loss can happen if your body is lack of Vitamin B2.
Since guava contains plenty of vitamin B2, it restores hair growth.
13.1 Guava Leaves Hair Mask
- Take 6-8 medium-sized Guava leaves (the leaves must be fresh)
- Wash the leaves with water to remove any dirt and pesticides.
- Heat 1 liter of clean water in a pan.
- Add guava leaves into the pan when the water is hot.
- Let the leaves cook for 20 to 25 minutes. (You will see that most of the water has evaporated)
- Filters out the remaining water and stores it in a barrel.
You can keep it in a cool and dry place.
13.2 How to Use Guava Leaves Hair Mask
- Take a palm of the guava’s paste and massage it into your scalp.
- Do a therapeutic massage to your scalp where you moves fingers in gentle round.
- Once you’ve covered your hair with the paste, leave it for 2-3 hours.
- Wash your hair with clean water.
Tips: The best time to use it is before you go to bed at night and wash beautiful hair every day.
Oysters are a gold mine of zinc.
A lack of Zinc can cause your hair loss.
Which leads to degeneration of protein structure, resulting in weakening of your hair follicles.
Because of that, hair shedding happens due to weak hair follicles.
An oyster a day compensates to the daily need of this element.
There’s just one problem…
It is quite difficult to treat yourself with such a delicacy meal every day.
So what’s the solution?
You can replace them with wheat bran or beef especially the liver as these foods also high in zinc.
Protein deficiency for only 2-3 months leads to a halt in hair growth.
Chicken is rich in animal protein and we need it for Keratin.
Other lean types of meat such as Turkey and Rabbit also contained enough animal protein.
Salmon or any other type of fatty fish contain fatty acids like omega-3s that are rich in nutrients.
Coldwater fishes like salmon and sardines are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
The omega-3 fatty acids contained in the fish strengthen hair follicles and stimulate hair growth.
They also prevent hair shedding caused due to the inflamed scalp.
Scientific studies have shown that the consumption of foods containing these acids short in the Telogen phase by half a year.
Also, salmon contains vitamin B12 and Iron that help your hair grow fast
Eggs are excellent for hair growth because they contain a good amount of Protein.
If you are looking for a natural way to grow hair faster, add at least one egg in your daily diet.
Since hair is primarily made up of protein…
Hence, they are an awesome superfood for your hair.
Another thing is, eggs contain Biotin which aids in hair regrowth.
Biotin as the food additives also recommended to stop hair loss.
So those are some of the foods that are super for your hair.
Don’t think so much about eating for your hair growth. But, try eating for your health.
After all, most of the food that good for your body, also beneficial for your hair growth.
Here again, are the 17 home remedies of hair growth that can help regrow your hair:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Bok Choy
- Pumpkin Seeds
I’ve probably left out some other food that also can help grow your hair.
What other tips can you suggest? Let me know in the comments below!